We deliver expert electrical panel services to our two-legged customers in the Fredericksburg area. Call today for same-day service and a free estimate!
- Rappahannock Academy
The Importance of Professional Panel Upgrades
If your Fredericksburg home's electrical panels are too old or inefficient to supply power to your larger devices or to provide power to multiple devices at once, they will continuously cause your breaker to trip. When you notice these issues, it is time to invest in an upgrade. Of course, to ensure that your panel is properly updated, only trust a licensed electrician to handle the operation.
Signs Your Electric Panel Needs an Upgrade
- Burning smell coming from the breaker box
- Melted wires or scorch marks in your electric panel
- Frequently tripped circuit breakers
- Strange buzzing sounds coming from the breaker box
- Flickering lights in your home
Electric panels should be replaced roughly every 25-40 years, so if your home is more than 20 years old it's a good idea to have an electrician perform a safety inspection to make sure your current breaker does not pose any danger to your home.
Count on Big Dogs Electric
Our Fredericksburg electrical panel service technicians can work with you to determine what your power needs are and ensure that your panel can deliver for years to come. For quality service, it's time to call in The Big Dogs!
Looking to upgrade your outdated electric panel in Fredericksburg, VA? Call Big Dogs Electric today at (571) 620-6878 or schedule a service online.
Professionalism, Honesty & Quality Workmanship
We want to make it easy for our customers to choose us. That's why we offer free estimates on any electrical issue you have!
Electrical issues can happen any time, day or night. We're available around the clock to be there for you in case of an emergency.
We strive to be the best for our customers because we truly care. We will never try to upsell you or be dishonest with you in any way.
Man's Best Friend
Here at Big Dogs, we love our furry friends. We provide charity work to local animal shelters, and we offer discounts on electrical services with proof of donation to shelters!
You rely on your electrical working properly to go about your day-to-day. We offer same-day service so you don't miss a beat!
Is It Time to Replace My Panel?
It might be time to replace or repair your electrical panel if:
- Your circuit breaker trips repeatedly – The breakers are designed to interrupt a sudden additional flow of electricity when your panel becomes overloaded. If your breaker trips randomly from time to time, this will not demand a total panel replacement, but you may need to have it repaired or potentially upgraded. However, constant tripping means that your old panel may need to be replaced with one that can handle greater amperage.
- Lights keep flickering – It’s one thing if you experience a “brownout,” where your lights don’t work well after a storm or during peak times. You may also only need a minor repair to the switches themselves. However, constant dimming is a bigger issue that will likely require a full panel replacement.
Outdated Electrical Panels
Sometimes, it is difficult to tell whether your panel just needs troubleshooting for a few minor issues, or if it requires total replacement. Fortunately, our licensed and insured Fredericksburg electricians understand the ins and outs of electrical panels and when to know that it's time for a replacement. One of the primary reasons is an old, outdated panel.
If your panel was designed in the middle of the 20th century, it likely has a very inefficient design. Any panel which utilizes a split-buss system with several individual breakers instead of a designated, single breaker, needs to be replaced as soon as possible.
Give us a call at (571) 620-6878 or contact us online today to learn more about our Fredericksburg electrical panel services and how we can help you.
100% recommend.Tj S.
I can not be more thrilled with Big Dogs.Becky H.
Fast. Prompt. Professional. Honest.Kim G.
Excellent experience today with Big Dogs Electric.Bryan S.
Big Dogs Electric exceeded our expectations!Shannon M.
Professional team!Cynthia S.
I can not say enough about Big Dogs Electrical LLC.Kike O.